Australian Critics of
This page maintained by David Gerard.
Press articles about Scientology in Australia: 1968
- "Perverted" cult thriving in Sydney -
Sunday Mirror (Sydney), Sun 18 Feb 1968 - 350-guest meeting in
- Scientology based in W.A. - MacKinnon -
The West Australian, Sat 29 Jun 1968 and Mon 01 Jul 1968 -
conference of State Health Ministers.
- Scientology discussed - The
Advertiser (Adelaide), 03 Sep 1968 - anti-Scientology
legislation in South Australia discussed.
- Scientology Curb Planned In S.A. - The
Advertiser (Adelaide), 04 Sep 1968 - anti-Scientology
legislation in SA to be introduced.
- Scientology and the kangaroo court -
The Australian, 07 Sep 1968 - opinion piece (?) on proposed SA
- Cult threatens critics - The
Australian, 10 Sep 1968 - Scientology press conference threatening
defamation suits over proposed SA legislation.
- Victorian Report On Scientology - The
Advertiser (Adelaide), 11 Sep 1968 - recap of Anderson Report
- Scientology: deception and freedom -
The Australian, 13 Sep 1968 - opinion piece (?) against
banning of Scientology.
- Adelaide: Curbing a cult - The
Bulletin, 14 Sep 1968 - proposed SA anti-Scientology legislation.
- 50 Books Of Cult Seized; Damages Claim -
The Advertiser (Adelaide), 18 Sep 1968 - Kangaroo
Court seized by Customs in Adelaide; HASI suing WA Minister of
- Check on cult meeting - Canberra
Times, 08 Oct 1968 - Scientology meeting in Victoria again.
- Scientology: NSW's second thought -
The Bulletin, 02 Nov 1968 - NSW to investigate CoS after CoS
private investigator investigates NSW politicians.
- Scientologists Will Defy New Ban Law -
West Australian, 05 Nov 1968 - Perth CoS will stay open
despite WA anti-Scientology legislation; files sent out of WA.
- Called To Bar Of Council - The
Advertiser (Adelaide), 07 Nov 1968 - Scientologist called up
before Bar of SA Legislative Council.
- Labor M.P.s Seek To Quit Committee - The
Advertiser (Adelaide), 14 Nov 1968 - SA Opposition criticism
of censure motion by SA Legislative Council against Scientologist.
- Sect pulls out of inquiry into
scientology - The Australian, 30 Nov 1968 - CoS withdraws
representative to SA inquiry, claiming chairman bias.
- MPs back ban on scientology - The
Australian, 04 Dec 1968 - report of SA Select Committee on
- Name Ban Applied - The
Advertiser (Adelaide), 10 Dec 1968 - ban on use of
'scientologist' in a business name in SA.
- Scientology Report - The
Advertiser (Adelaide), December? 1968 (undated clipping) - SA
Select Committee report.
- Mission Perth - The Auditor
(Australia), no. 35, 1968 - Perth Org gets LARTed by a Sea Org mission.
[Press articles about Scientology in Australia]